- Marketing starts by listening to your target audience. What are the challenges? What are needs not being met?
- Learn more and dig deeper into challenges and needs. Consider developing a survey for your target market to hone in on details. Ask about pain points or issues that are not being resolved. Capture information on interesting trends. Complete the survey while the product/service is in the research and development phase.
- Meet with developers to gather critical details that could delay a release date. Prioritize the problems, review schedules, and understand potential return on investment.
- Research market trends. How are other products/services supporting or falling short of customer demand?
- Analyze, scrutinize, and reconsider. Is the product/service going to fulfill market needs? What competitors will you encounter? Is your marketing message clear and concise?
- Conduct a beta release and gather key information to adjust and realign.
- Release the product/service, promote and educate, and be sure to track metrics.
No release is ever smooth, so expect issues. Social media can be great for promotions as well to listen to market buzz after a release.